9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Blue Zones Project - Grants Pass
- Associations, Clubs & Organizations
Blue Zones Project® is a community-led well-being improvement initiative designed to make healthy choices easier through permanent changes to a city’s environment, policy, and social networks. Established in 2010, Blue Zones Project is inspired by Dan Buettner, a National Geographic Fellow and New York Times best-selling author who identified five regions of the world—or Blue Zones®—with the highest concentration of people living to 100 years or older.
Blue Zones Project incorporates Buettners findings and works with cities to implement policies and programs that will move a community toward optimal health and well-being. Currently, over 45 communities in nine states have joined Blue Zones Project, impacting more than 3.3 million Americans nationwide.
The movement includes three beach cities in California; 15 cities in Iowa; Albert Lea, Minnesota; the city of Fort Worth; and communities in Southwest Florida, Hawaii, Oklahoma, Oregon, and Wisconsin. Blue Zones Project is an exclusive partnership between Blue Zones and Sharecare.
- Blue Zones Project inspired by the world's longest-lived people
- Nine powerful principles found among the original longest-lived
- Grants Pass becomes Blue Zones Project Demo Community
- Meet the local Blue Zones Project - Grants Pass team
- Blue Zones Project kicks off health and well-being initiative with more than 600 community members
Member EventsThursday Jun 20, 2019Cooking with Dee! Gooseberries Blue Zones Project ...read more
Whom to Contact
- George ProkopProject Manager2166 NW Vine Street, Suite AGrants Pass, OR 97526Phone: (541) 218-9846
- Coral SimpsonActivities & IT2166 NW Vine Street, Suite AGrants Pass, OR 97526Phone: (541) 218-9846
Our office is located directly across the parking lot from Club Northwest.